11/5/18 GPS Hiker 5.1 is released
- Add support for Taiwan Lu Map and Thunder Forest Outdoors Map.
- Temporarily remove support for Taiwan Top Map.
- Bug Fixes.
4/9/18 GPS Hiker 5.0 is released
- Saved trips now include trip data for filtering.
- Saved trips can be filtered by name or main map bound.
- Listed trips in Saved Trips can be shown as marks on main map.
- Ability to enter coordinate via the DMS format.
- Improved user interface.
- API key support for open cycle map.
- Download trips via QR code.
- Fix iOS 11.0 compatibility issues.
- Fix issues when location update is not working under some situations.
- Remove support for every trail
- Remove support for openquestmap.
- Fix map download issue for Taiwan NLSC map.
2/23/16 GPS Hiker 3.5.2 is released
- Support routes in the GPX file.
- Fix the camera privilege issue.
1/14/16 GPS Hiker 3.5.1 is released
- Bug fixes (including the fix for GPS track error).
- Add new features for mileage and mark arrival notification.
- UI improvements in Configuration.
p.s.: mileage notification is for reference only and not intended to be used for accurate measurement purpose.
10/9/15 GPS Hiker 3.5 is released
- Support iOS 9.0.
- Support Taiwan NLSC map.
- Increase the maximum depth of zoom level from 5 to 6 for preloaded maps (please update existing preloaded maps to take new change).
- Improve flow to create new preloaded map.
- Add time zone to the address information.
- Receive notification if the app is terminated or GPS logging is paused automatically.
- Bug fixes.
9/26/14 GPS Hiker 3.2 is released
Support iOS 8.
2/21/14 GPS Hiker 3.1 is released
- Add new feature to plan route save route as GPX file or import route into main map for reference (only available in areas where routing service is provided by Apple).
- Add new feature to airdrop GPX files to share with nearby friends.
- Support Taiwan Topo offline map.
- Minor enhancements.
- Bug fixes.
12/27/13 How to create an offline map
10/4/13 GPS Hiker 3.0 is released.
- Fix critical iOS 7 bugs for not being able to use GPS.
- Support iOS 7.
- Add functionality to import trip in reverse direction.
- Improve POI search.
- GPS Hiker now requires iOS 7 or above.
5/19/13 GPS Hiker 2.5 is released.
- Current trip can be recovered even after crash.
- Improved and more robust following track feature. Real time position update on the elevation profile for imported track.
- Support Local Search (6.1 or above).
- Support POI or Trip sharing (6.0 or above).
- Import online trip without saving it first.
- Add trips to favorites.
- Automatically add marks for photos taken.
- Support pace (min:sec / km, mi).
- Bug fixes.
11/10/12 GPS Hiker 2.1.1 is released.
- Support iPhone 5 / iPod Touch 5 Screen.
- Add Hike Bike Map to the list of offline maps.
- Increase zoom level to 18 for Open Cycle Map.
- Add trip length filter for Advanced Search (iPhone 5 only).
10/17/12 GPS Hiker V2.1 is released.
- Add the ability to follow the track of imported trip to assist your navigation.
- Add the ability to locate nearby trips.
- Add altitude profile to main map for imported trip.
- No limit on the number of search results.
- Numerous enhancements.
- Bug fixes.
"Follow Track" is not intended for precise navigation. Please use it with good judgement and at user's own risk.
9/26/12 Having problem after upgrading to iOS 6?If you encountered the closing problem for GPS Hiker after upgrading to iOS, especially on older iPhones or iPod Touch4, this is probably due to iOS 6 might use more memory than iOS 5 or have more strict policy on memory usage for applications. It will kick out applications randomly if it thinks they use too much memory when the system is low on memory. The workaround is to close unused applications as many as possible. It will give GPS Hiker more memory to run and reduce the opportunity being kicked out by iOS. Newer version will try to address the issue. To close unused applications, double click on the Home button and long-press at the application icon in the task bar to close the application.
9/20/12 GPS Hiker v2.0 is released.
- iOS 6.0 bug fixes.
- Support Simplified Chinese.
- Enhanced track navigation functionalities (long-press at the track to get track navigation information).
- Enhanced altitude profile.
- Enhanced trip analysis.
- Bug fix for being unable to download offline maps in French.
- Create EveryTrail account in the application.
- Support online maps (Open Street Map, Open Cycle Maps, MapQuest OSM) in the trip detail.
9/3/12 Crash bug found if changing color for imported track.
A crash bug was found. The application crashes if changing color for imported track in the configuration. It is fixed and will be delivered in the next release. Sorry for your inconvenience.